Combating fraud risk is a primary concern for the finance sector, as any failure to address or counter financial crime is not only damaging to brand reputation - it also strains relationships with customers and regulators, while affecting shareholder value and profitability.
Today’s criminals are using increasingly sophisticated techniques to defraud institutions and their customers, launder money, and commit other types of financial crime. As fraudsters get smarter, financial services companies need to innovate fast.
It’s the reason why forward-thinking organisations are turning to technology to help detect fraud attempts, minimise losses, prevent further exposure, identify culprits and gather the critical evidence that will catch and prosecute fraudsters.
To help financial institutions stay one step ahead of criminals, Portal has created Portal Analytics; a collection of proven investigative and visualisation software that overlays existing systems and provides a single view of the truth gathered from disparate internal and external data sources.
This integrated approach eliminates hours of spreadsheet-based analysis, presenting data visually in a way that enables analysts to tackle complex investigations without impacting normal operations.
It also makes the discovery of hidden matches to detect fraud possible. Allowing institutions to show clear evidence that proves their data is complete, accurate and appropriate.
- Reduce the impact of fraud and corruption through intelligence analysis and visualisation
- Enable analysts to quickly collate information from disparate sources
- Reduced discovery timeframes for identifying key information in complex data
- Identify key people, events and connections that might otherwise be missed in unstructured data
- Utilise smarter analysis to stop fraudsters in their tracks, minimise losses and block further criminal activity
- Generate data that aids law enforcement to identify, catch and prosecute criminals before they escape justice