When it comes to crime prevention, today’s next generation policing is increasingly dependent on data analysis to identify crime ‘hot spots’, solve crimes – and more.
The data collected by police forces is in high demand – and is prolifically shared via the PNC and PND. And with the HM Courts & Tribunals Service, the Prison Service and the Home Office all relying on police data to support their investigations, prosecutions and intelligence gathering – the pressure is on to ensure all this data is evidenced, correct and in-line with police and Home Office legislation, policies and procedures.
What’s more, the drive towards ‘joined up’ programmes means law enforcement organisations need to support as many multi-source, multi-agency intelligence sharing initiatives as possible.
So, how do you effectively support all this information sharing, whilst still doing your day job?
Many police forces already use IBM i2 to import data, generate charts, link cases and analyse data within Analysts Notebook.
But Portal has gone one step further, integrating additional IBM products - such as IBM Cognos and IBM SPSS - to create a unique system capable of generating highly accurate, evidence-based views of criminals, witnesses, offenders and victims from across the entire combined police dataset.
Today, our powerful solutions are used to identify crime hotspots, link crimes to criminals, and underpin searching and all front line applications.
- Crimes are solved, compliance and legislation requirements met
- Boost efficiency and save costs, while giving front-line officers the quality intelligence they need
- Centralise multiple data stores and share with other organisations with ease
- Eliminate time consuming administrative tasks with streamlined data analysis and data sharing tools
- Sophisticated data modelling and timeline charting