The retail industry has long been a target for criminals and fraudsters, but today’s criminals are becoming ever more sophisticated in their techniques and approaches.
From organised retail crime, to point of sale manipulation, refund fraud, and employee and customer threat, the degree of criminal activity relating to the commission of fraud has speeded up.
As retail organisations start to drown in the sheer volume of fraudulent attacks, the focus has been on directing detection efforts to the biggest activities- or where a conviction is almost certain.
But to recover more of the margin that’s currently being lost to fraudsters, retailers need to step up the pace of innovation in their fraud prevention and detection.
This explains why so many retail organisations are turning to data visual analytics to spot patterns within the wealth of data at their disposal. So they can identify fraudulent activity, adjust business rules to prevent further infringements, and pursue successful convictions.
To help retailers stay one step ahead of the criminals, Portal has created Portal Analytics (PA); a collection of proven investigative and visualisation software that sits above existing systems to provide a single view of the truth from disparate internal and external data sources.
With PA, retailers can identify criminal activity fast and take action before any significant damage is done. Rather than trying to find a needle in a haystack, our visual analytics software allows your brand protection team and data analysts to turns massive amounts of data into real-time insights
Warning you of potential issues, rather than leaving your teams to trawl through massive amounts of data after fraud has occurred.
- Improve the visibility and speed of detection, turning disparate data into a single trusted view across multiple systems
- Uncover hidden or unusual patterns and non-obvious relations across multiple entities and degrees of separation
- Mitigate the risk of fraud by flagging unusual reporting patterns
- Reduce investigation time from months to days, giving your investigation team the tools to visualise connections from both internal and external sources with fewer false negatives
- Generate evidence that is accepted by law-enforcement agencies